| Lodging Policy |
APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
1. The lodging agreement and any other related agreements entered into between the Hotel and the Guest shall be subject to this policy and any matters not provided for herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
2. When the Hotel has entered into a special agreement, notwithstanding the preceding section, that special agreement shall take precedence insofar as it does not breach any laws and regulations or any customs.
LODGING AGREEMENT APPLICATION
1. Those who intend to enter into a lodging agreement with the Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following matters:
(1) Name of the Guest(s)
(2) Date of lodging and estimated time of arrival
(3) Lodging fees
(4) Other matters deemed necessary by this Hotel
2. If during their stay the guest makes a request to extend their stay beyond the date in (2) of the preceding section, the Hotel shall regard it as an application for a new lodging agreement at the time such request is made.
FINALIZATION OF THE LODGING AGREEMENT, ETC.
1. The lodging agreement shall be deemed to have been finalized when the Hotel has duly accepted the application stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply when it has been proved that the Hotel has not accepted the application.
2. When a lodging agreement has been finalized in accordance with the provisions of the preceding section, the Guest is requested to pay by the date specified by the Hotel an application fee set by the Hotel within the limits of standard lodging fees that covers the period of stay (3 days when the period of stay exceeds 3 days).
3. The application fee shall first be applied to the lodging fees that should be paid in the end by the Guest, and when a matter arises where the provisions of Articles 6 and 18 are applicable, it shall be applied in the order of penalties for breach followed by compensation for damages, and the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of the payment of the fees stipulated in Article 12.
4. If payment of the application fee in Section 2 is not made by the date stipulated by the Hotel in accordance with the provisions of the same section, the lodging agreement shall become invalid. However, the same shall apply only in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel of the stipulated payment date for the application fee.
SPECIAL AGREEMENTS REQUIRING NO PAYMENT OF AN APPLICATION FEE
1. Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 2 of the preceding Article, after the agreement is finalized, the Hotel may consent to a special agreement requiring no payment of the application fee of the same section.
2. With regard to the approval of the application of the lodging agreement, if the Hotel has not requested the payment of the application fee in Section 2 of the preceding Article and/or if the date for the payment of the said application fee was not specified, it shall be treated as if consent was given to the special agreement in the preceding section.
REFUSAL TO ENTER INTO A LODGING AGREEMENT
In any of the following cases, the Hotel may decline to enter into a lodging agreement:
(1) When the application for lodging does not conform to this policy.
(2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no rooms are available.
(3) When the person trying to stay is deemed likely to commit acts that will contravene the provisions in the laws, public order or good morals with regard to the lodging.
(4) When it is deemed that the following (a) – (c) apply to the person trying to stay.
(a) An organized crime group (hereinafter referred to as Organized Crime Group) prescribed in Article 2, Item 2 of the Act on the Prevention of Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group Members (Act No. 77 of 1991), an organized crime group (hereinafter referred to as Organized Crime Group) prescribed in Article 2, Item 6 of the same Act, and quasi members of a crime organization or associates of a crime organization or other anti-social elements
(b) When the Organized Crime Group or Organized Crime Group Member is an entity or other organization in control of the business activities
(c) That which is an entity and has among its officers a person (s) who is an Organized Crime Group Member
(5) When the person trying to stay behaves in a way as to cause extreme trouble for other lodging Guests.
(6) When the person trying to stay is clearly deemed to be the carrier of an infectious disease.
(7) When there are violent demands with regard to the lodging or there has been a request to assume a burden that exceeds reasonable boundaries.
(8) When it is not possible to provide lodging due to natural calamities, dysfunction of the facilities and/or other unavoidable causes.
(9) When the provisions of Article 5 (Items 1 and 2) of Tokyo Metropolitan Hotel Business Law Enforcement Ordinance are applicable.
RIGHT OF LODGING GUESTS TO TERMINATE THE AGREEMENT
Guests may terminate the lodging agreement by notifying the Hotel.
1. If the Guest terminates the lodging agreement in whole or in part due to reasons attributable to them (except when the Hotel designates the deadline for payment of the application fee under the provisions in Section 2 of Article 3 and requests payment, and prior to that payment the Guest terminates the lodging agreement), the Hotel shall receive payment for the breach of the agreement shown as follows. However, if the Hotel agrees to the special agreement in Section 1 of Article 4 and in the process of handling that special agreement the Guest terminates the lodging agreement, the obligation to pay a penalty for breach is only necessary when the Hotel has given a warning to the lodging Guest.
(1) Ordinary Guests
a.When terminated 3 days prior to the day of lodging, 20% of the lodging fee for the first day of that lodging per Guest.
b.When terminated 2 days prior to the day of lodging, 50% of the lodging fee for the first day of that lodging per Guest.
c.When terminated prior to the day of lodging, 80% of the lodging fee for the first day of that lodging per Guest.
d.When terminated on the day of lodging, 100% of the lodging fee for the first day of that lodging per Guest.
e.If not staying, 100% of the lodging fee for the first day of that lodging per Guest.
(2) Group Guests (Refers to 10 people or more. The same hereinafter.)
a.When terminated from 30 days prior up to the date of lodging up to 15 days prior to the date of lodging, 20% of the lodging fee for the first day of lodging per Guest.
b.When terminated from 14 days prior up to the date of lodging up to 8 days prior to the date of lodging, 30% of the lodging fee for the first day of lodging per Guest.
c.When terminated from 7 days prior up to the date of lodging up to 2 days prior to the date of lodging, 50% of the lodging fee for the first day of lodging per Guest.
d.When terminated on the day prior to the day of lodging, 100% of the lodging fee for first day of that lodging per Guests.
e.When terminated on the day of lodging, 100% of the lodging fee for first day of that lodging per Guests.
f.If not staying, 100% of the lodging fee for the first day of that lodging per lodging guest.
The percentage signifies the rate of cancellation charge to the base accommodation Charges. When the number of days contracted is shortened, cancelation charge for its first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of number of days shortened.
2. When the Guest does not arrive by 8 pm on the day of the lodging and has not contacted the Hotel (if the scheduled time of arrival is clearly indicated in advance, then it shall be the time that is 2 hours past that time) then that lodging agreement may be deemed and processed as if it was terminated by the Guest.
TERMINATION OF THE AGREEMENT BY THE HOTEL
1. Even if the Hotel has finalized the lodging agreement in accordance with Section 1 of Article 3, the lodging agreement may be terminated in any of the following cases:
(1) When it is deemed likely that the Guest will commit acts that violate the provisions in laws and regulations, public order or good morals or when deemed to have committed those acts.
(2) When (a)-(c) apply to the Guest.
a.Crime organization, members of a crime organization, quasi members of a crime organization, associates of a crime organization or other anti-social element
b.When crime organizations or crime organization members are an entity or other organization that controls business activities
c.That which is an entity and part of its officers are crime organization members
(3) When the behavior of the Guest causes extreme trouble to other Guests
(4) When it is clearly deemed that the Guest is the carrier of an infectious disease.
(5) When there is a violent demand with regard to the lodging or requested to take on a burden that exceeds a reasonable scope.
(6) When it is not possible to lodge due to reasons caused by Force Majeure such as natural disaster, etc.
(7) When the provisions of Article 5 of the Prefectural Ordinance are applicable.
(8) When there is smoking in the bed, pranks played on the fire-fighting equipment, etc., and other such as non-compliance with the prohibited matters in the Rules of Use stipulated by the Hotel.
2. When the Hotel has terminated the lodging agreement in accordance with the provisions of the preceding section, the Guest will not be expected to pay the fees for lodging services, etc. that have not yet been provided.
REGISTRATION OF LODGING
1. Guests are expected to register the following matters at the front desk on the Hotel on the day of lodging:
(1) Name, age, gender, address and occupation of the lodging Guest(s).
(2) In the case of foreigners, nationality, passport number, port of entry, and date of entering Japan.
(3) Date of departure and scheduled time of departure.
(4) Other matters deemed necessary by the Hotel.
2. When the Guest intends to pay the fees in Article 12 by any means other than currency such as traveler’s checks, lodging coupons or credit cards, etc. these shall be shown in advance at the time of the registration in the preceding section.
OCCUPANCY HOURS OF GUEST ROOMS
1. The time that the Guest may use the guest room(s) of the Hotel shall be from 3 pm to 12 pm (noon) of the following day. However, if the lodging is continuous, it may be used until the end of the day except for the day of arrival and the day of departure.
2.Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding section, if the check-out time is exceeded, there will be an additional fee in accordance with the provisions. The fee depends on the type of guest room and the extended time, so please inquire at the front desk.
OBSERVANCE OF THE RULES OF USE
The Guest while in the Hotel shall observe the rules of use established by the Hotel and posted within the Hotel.
HOURS OF OPERATION
1. The hours of operation for the main facilities, etc. of the Hotel are provided in the pamphlet, etc. displayed in each guest room, and/or service directories, etc. in each location.
2. The hours in the preceding section may change temporarily if necessary or due to unavoidable circumstances. In such a case, notification shall be given by the appropriate means.
PAYMENT OF FEES
1.The lodging fees, etc. to be paid by the Guest are in accordance to the following.
① Standard lodging fees (room fee or room fee + eating and drinking fees such as breakfast)
② Service charge (① × 13%)
③ Additional food and drink (excluding those covered by or included in ①)
④ Service Charge (③ × 13%)
⑤ Consumption Tax
⑥ Tokyo Accommodation Tax per person per day
*These charges are subject to change with the revision of the taxation law.
2. Payment of the lodging fee, etc. in the preceding section shall be made at the front desk when the Guest departs or when requested by the Hotel in currency or travelers checks, lodging certificates, coupons, credit card or by other method as a substitute to this that is acceptable to the Hotel. However, personal checks will not be accepted.
3. The Hotel shall provide the Guest room to the Guest, and after it is available for use, even if the Guest decided not stay, they will be asked to pay the lodging fee.
LIABILITY OF THE HOTEL
1. When the Hotel has caused damage to the Guest during the fulfillment of the lodging agreement and related agreements or the non-fulfillment thereof, the Hotel shall provide compensation for those damages. However, the same shall not apply when it is due to reasons not attributable to the Hotel.
2. In order to deal with fire disasters, etc., the Hotel has innkeeper’s liability insurance.
HOW IT WILL BE HANDLED WHEN UNABLE TO PROVIDE THE GUEST ROOMS PROMISED
1. When the Hotel is unable to provide the guest rooms promised to the Guest, with the consent of the Guest, the Hotel shall try to arrange lodging at another facility with the same conditions.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions in the preceding section, when it is not possible to arrange lodging at another facility, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the penalty fee, and the compensation fee shall be applied to the amount of compensation for damages. However, as for not being able to provide a guest room when the cause is not attributable to the Hotel, there shall be no payment of compensation.
HOW DEPOSITED ARTICLES, ETC. WILL BE HANDLED
1. When damage such as loss or breakage occurs to items or cash as well as valuables entrusted at the front desk by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate for those damages unless it is Force Majeure. However, in the case of cash and valuables, if the Hotel has requested the Guest to clearly report its type and value, but the Guest has failed to do so, the Hotel shall compensate for the damages only within the limits of \150,000.
2. When items or cash as well as valuables brought into the Hotel are not entrusted to the front desk by the lodging Guest and damages such as loss or breakage occur due to the intentional or negligent acts of the Hotel, the Hotel shall compensate for those damages. However, for that which the type and value was not clearly reported in advance by the Guest, the Hotel shall compensate for those damage only within the limits of \150,000 except in the case there was intentional or gross negligence on the part of the Hotel.
STORAGE OF BAGGAGE AND/OR BELONGINGS OF THE LODGING GUEST
1. If the baggage of the Guest arrives at the Hotel prior to the lodging, the Hotel shall be responsible for storing it only when the Hotel agrees prior to that arrival, and it shall be handed over to the Guest at the front desk at the time of check-in.
2. If after the Guest checks-out the baggage or belongings of the Guest are forgotten and left behind and its owner can be determined, the Hotel shall contact that owner and ask for further instructions. However, if there are no instructions from the owner or when the owner cannot be determined, it shall be stored for 7 days including the day it was found, and afterwards it shall be delivered to the nearest police station.
3. The liability of the Hotel for storing the baggage and belongings of the Guest in the case of the preceding two sections shall be in accordance with the provisions of Section 1 of the preceding Article in the case of Section 1 and in accordance with the provisions of Section 2 of the same Article in the case of the preceding section.
LIABILITY WITH REGARD TO PARKING
If the Guest utilizes the parking lot of the Hotel, regardless of whether the key to the vehicle has been entrusted, the Hotel is only lending the space and shall not be liable for the management of the vehicle. However, when damage is caused due to the intentional or negligent act of the Hotel in regard to the management of the parking lot, it shall be liable for that compensation.
LIABILITY OF THE LODGING GUEST
When the Hotel incurs damage due to intentional or negligent acts of the Guest, the Guest shall compensate the Hotel for those damages.
RULES OF USE
To ensure the public nature and safety of the Hotel, customers who use the Hotel will be expected to observe the following rules in accordance with Article 10 of the Lodging Policy.
1. Please do not use heating devices and irons, etc. for heating or cooking in the guest rooms.
2. Please do not smoke in places where it is easy to cause a fire such as in a bed. Also, please do not do anything else that would cause a fire.
3. Please do not bring the following into the lobby or rooms:
a) Animals, birds (pets). *Except assistance dogs or other dogs with equal ability as an assistance dog
b) That which emits an extremely foul odor.
c) That which is easy to ignite or is flammable such as gunpowder and volatile oils.
d) Illegally possessed firearms and blades.
4. Please do not gamble or commit acts that corrupt public morals or use words and actions that cause an inconvenience to the customers at the Hotel.
5. Please do not invite visitors into the guest rooms.
6. Please do not use the guest rooms and lobby as an office, place of business or exhibition room or for any other purpose than lodging such as a location for filming commercial video.
7. Please do not commit such acts as distributing advertising materials to other guests in the Hotel.
8. Please do not order or bring food and drink, etc. from outside the Hotel.
9. Clothes handed over for washing and items left behind will be stored for three months after departure unless specified otherwise.
10. We can not take under our care goods such as art objects and antiques.
11. Please do not display in the window things that harm the outside appearance of the Hotel.
12. Please store cash and other valuables in the safety deposit box provided in the room during your stay.
13. Requests Regarding the Hotel's Various Facilities and Various Goods:
a) Please do not use them for any other purpose than that which was intended.
b) Please do not take them out of the Hotel.
c) Please do not move or refine them.
14. Please do not use the guest rooms for any purpose other than lodging.
15. In the following cases, use of the Hotel will be denied immediately.
a) When it is deemed there has been acts of violence, intimidation, extortion, pressure from inappropriate demands and other similar acts.
b) When it is difficult for those who use the Hotel to secure their own safety such as loss of self-control due to diminished capacity, drugs, intoxication, and it is deemed there is a risk it will cause a sense of danger, fear, or uneasiness to other guests.
c) When there are acts such as speaking in a loud voice, singing loudly, and making noise in the building or in the guest rooms that cause trouble to others or when there is gambling or acts that are contrary to public order and morals.
When there are other acts similar to any of the matters listed above, use will be denied.
In addition, when a suspicious person or object is discovered, please contact the Reception.
This Hotel is making efforts to take into consideration the environment (an obligation to reduce CO²), so we would appreciate your cooperation with the following:
Please let us know if you do not need cleaning in the case of a continuous stay.
Please let us know at the time of cleaning during an continuous stay if there are any amenities in the guest room that you do not need.
Cleaning of the guest room will not be done during your stay if you are staying just for one (1) night.
If you are having a continuous stay, cleaning will be done for each day of your stay. (From 10:00 to 15:00)